PAN Card Status | NSDL and UTI PAN application status online: In this article, we will talk specifically PAN card status check How to submit PAN application, PAN processing, checking Status of PAN application through NSDL and UTI portalReturn status of PAN using NSDL and UTI.
NSDL e-village And UTITSL Two authorizations for PAN applications have been given by the Income Tax Department (ITD) and are being processed. Both NSDL TIN and UTI provide the same type of services related to PAN card such as checking the status of PAN application. The Income Tax Department (ITD) has appointed these two entities for the purpose of obtaining and processing PAN application and checking the status of PAN card.
PAN Card Status – Application Form Status
- National NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Government) – Check Status Here
- UTI Infrastructure Technologies Services Limited. – Check Status Here
|Event||Pan card application form
|Article Category||How to check the status of NSDL and UTI PAN card application online|
|Parent department||Income tax department|
|Official tin website||https://www.tin-nsdl.com/index.html|
|Official UTITSL Website||https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/|
Let’s have a look at the services provided by NSDL TIN and UTI-
|Paperless pan application||Pan application|
|Adhar pan linking||Pan application tracking|
|Online pan application||Pan application center|
|Know the status of PAN / TAN application||Psa login|
|E-pan download||Pan bulk verification|
|Online pan verification||AO Code Description Search|
|Information about pan centers||New pan or repair service|
Apart from this, one can collect detailed information about PAN, application process, required documents etc. through these web portals.
How to check PAN card status?
Once you have applied for a PAN card, you can check the status of the PAN card and know how far the processing has gone. The status of PAN card can be checked on both NSDL TIN and UTI website.
Those who have applied through TIN can track the status of their application through the given methods-
Application status for NSDL users
Time required: 4 minutes.
This is the most common and easiest way to track the status of PAN card. You can check the procedure given below-
- Open the official site of NSDL
You started by opening the TIN portal (https://www.tin-nsdl.com)
- Click on PAN / TAN application
Now, you have to click on “PAN Info / TAN Application” on the homepage as shown in the picture below.
- Now select pan new application
The application status page will appear. You have to select the type of application i.e. “PAN-NEW / CHANGE REQUEST” option.
- Accept your 15 digit Submit Number
Enter 15 digits and accept whether or not. And the code in the box provided.
- Click on ‘Submit Card’ request. On successful submission, the status of PAN card will appear.
Press the submit button and the application status will appear on the screen.
Click here to know the status of your NSDL PAN application (Direct link) https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
Status of UTI PAN for users-
Phase 1- If you have filled the application for PAN using UTI, then you will have to visit UTI official portal (https://www.utiitsl.com).
Phase 2- You must move the cursor to the “Services” menu at the top of the homepage. Choose the “PAN Card” option and click on the “Track Your PAN Card” link.
step 3- Enter all the required details such as application coupon number, or PAN number, date of birth and captcha in the given location. Click on submit button.
step 4- After submitting the details, you can see the application status on your screen.
SMS is another way to track PAN status. For this you have to type- <NSDLPAN 15 digit receipt number> And have to send it 57575 To get the status of your application.
E.g.- NSDLPAN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To get your PAN card status, you have to send an email [email protected]. You must mention your acknowledgment number.
You can also know the status of your PAN by contacting Pan Call Center 020- 2721-8080.
Fax is another medium for tracking PAN application status. You are right acknowledgment no. On 020- 2721-8081.
How to check PAN card refund status?
If you have applied for a refund, you can also check the status of your PAN refund. To track the refund status through NSDL, you can click on the link below. https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
All you have to do is enter PAN, assessment year and captcha code. Click proceed and a description of your status will appear.
Online pan verification
Registration link for online verification through TIN https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/TIN/inputPageForPanInqDetails.do
As per the Income Tax Department guidelines, it is mandatory for all taxpayers to link their Aadhaar card to PAN card by 31.St. March 2019.
Linking of Aadhaar with PAN can be done online. To connect your PAN with your Aadhaar, you can follow the given steps-
Link using uti
You can send SMS to 56161 from any mobile number-
- go to https://www.utiitsl.com
- On the homepage of the website, you have to open the “Click to link your Aadhaar with your PAN” link.
- You will be redirected to the Aadhaar linking page. You must enter all necessary information.
- Finally, click on “Link Aadhaar”. Aadhaar will be linked to your PAN.
Users can also link Aadhaar to PAN by clicking on the given link- https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
See also: Aadhaar Card Application Status
How to download NSDL or UTI e-PAN card
Now, e-PAN is also available now and it will be a valid method of issue of Permanent Account Number (PAN). Users who have applied for e-PAN can download their e-PAN from both NSDL and UTI.
- Download e-PAN card through NSDL portal-Under this, NSDL offers two e-PAN download options.
- Download e-PAN card (for PAN allotted in the previous month) – Here, enter the acknowledgment number and captcha code to login. Click on submit button and follow further instructions (if any). E-pan download link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html
- Download e-PAN Card (for PAN allotted before one month) – Those who have been allotted their PAN before one month, they can click on the link given below- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintDownloadEPan.html
- Enter all the details like PAN, Date of Birth, Month of Birth, Year of Birth etc. and follow all the instructions given below and download your e-PAN.
- E-PAN download through UTI –If you are registered with UTI, then you have to download your e-PAN from its official website. The download process is as follows-
- Go for https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/#
- Click on the link “ePAN download facility available for PAN applicants”.
- Open the “Click here” option.
- You need to read all the instructions on this page. Once you have read all the instructions, enter all the required credentials.
- It is mandatory to fill all the marked fields. After submitting the details, you will have to download the e-PAN.
How to apply for PAN card
Applicants can apply for PAN both online or offline. For offline medium, applicants can either download the PAN application form from the official website or get it from the authorized PAN center.
For online PAN application, you can apply from either NSDL TIN or UTITSL. To help you in this, we have shared both the application process here-
NSDL Tin Pan Application –
- You have to start by opening the official tin website.
- If you are an Indian citizen, you have to fill Form 49A And if it is foreign then it needs to be filled Form 49AA.
- Find PAN card option and click “Apply”
- You will be redirected to a new page and an application form will be displayed.
- Fill all the details and click submit.
- Choose the AO code and choose your state and category.
- Submit proof of POI, POA, and date of birth.
- Make payment
- After submitting the application, you will get your PAN card. You receive an acknowledgment no. Application to track PAN card status.
UTI PAN Application-
- go to https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/index.jsp
- Click the “PAN” option provided under the menu services.
- Select the relevant options and follow the instructions and fill in the information accordingly.
- Provide all details and documents.
- Make payment
- submit application
- You will get an application coupon no. Not this Used to know the status of PAN card.
PAN application fee
The application fee is specified by the Income Tax Department. An applicant applying offline or using NSDL or UTI platform will have to pay the standard application fee specified by ITD for that particular application category.
Detailed application fee note of UTI Check here
- Online (credit / debit card and net banking) and applicants can also pay through a demand draft drawn in favor of PAN NSDL-PAN which will be payable in Mumbai.
How to search pan centers?
- Who want to find pan center in their place. People can also apply for a new PAN from these PAN centers set up at different places in the country. All they have to do is visit their nearest PAN centers and provide necessary documents. They can search the centers around them with the help of internet.
- To find PAN center using NSDL portal, you can click on https://www.tin-nsdl.com/pan-center.html And find your nearest pan center. You have to select your state / union territory and location.
- If you have filled your PAN application using UTI, then you will have to travel https://www.psaonline.utiitsl.com/PanCenters/applicationCenters And choose your state and place.
The Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit combination of alphabet and is used as an identifier issued by the Income Tax Department. Unique PANs are issued to each individual, company, firm etc.
Any person, taxpayer or accessory who is also responsible for paying income tax on behalf of others, is required to have a PAN card. Further, wherever PAN is mandatory, any person is to enter into financial or economic transactions.
Detailed information of all the documents required for PAN application can be collected from https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/documents-required.html
Yes, it is mandatory for all PAN card holders (who have to file ITR) to link their PAN to Aadhaar card.St. March 2019.
PAN application, eligibility, document requirements etc. are specified by ITD and thus it is same and is followed by both the entities. The application fee is also fixed by the ITD and hence it is the same for both the mediums unless the ITD changes it.
You will receive your e-PAN in a PDF form in your registered email ID (ie the ID you mentioned on the application form).
Processing of the application normally takes two weeks for PAN and dispatch, provided the details mentioned in the application are correct and in all aspects.
No, according to Section 272B of the Income Tax Act, 1961, a fine of Rs.10,000 / – is imposed on possessing more than one PAN.
You can track the PAN card status of the PAN using the acknowledgment number / application coupon number. You can also contact your PAN centers. In case of delivery, you will receive a message or email on your registered mobile number. And email ID.
PAN Inquiry Number – 033-40802999
Toll-free number: 1800220306
New PAN Card and its features
The Income Tax Department is now issuing new PAN and newly designed e-PAN cards. ITD is releasing these newly designed PAN cards from 7Th July 2018. Check the features of the new PAN card shared below-
- QR codes, photographs, signatures and hologram dimensions have been changed.
- The new PAN card is coming with an enhanced QR code. इसमें मौजूदा जानकारी के अलावा पैन आवेदक की तस्वीर और हस्ताक्षर होंगे यानी पैन, आवेदक का नाम, जन्मतिथि / निगमन / प्रारूप, पिता का नाम / माता का नाम। यह उपरोक्त जानकारी डिजिटल रूप से कोडित है और एन्हांस्ड क्यूआर कोड पर हस्ताक्षरित है।
- बढ़ा हुआ क्यूआर कोड विशिष्ट मोबाइल एप्लिकेशन (ऐप) द्वारा पढ़ा जा सकेगा जो Google Play पर उपलब्ध हैं।
- यह बढ़ा हुआ क्यूआर कोड ई-पैन कार्ड में भी उपलब्ध कराया जाएगा।
सबसे महत्वपूर्ण बात जो प्रत्येक नागरिक को पता होनी चाहिए कि 7 से पहले जारी किए गए पुराने डिजाइन के पैन कार्ड और ई-पैन कार्डTh जुलाई 2018 भी मान्य रहेगा। नहीं, प्राधिकरण इन पुराने पैन कार्ड (जहां भी पैन की आवश्यकता है) को स्वीकार करने से इनकार कर सकता है।
यदि आपके पास पैन कार्ड की स्थिति एनएसडीएल / यूटीआई से संबंधित कोई प्रश्न है तो नीचे टिप्पणी करें। हमारी टीम आपको अपना पैन कार्ड का दर्जा दिलाने में मदद करेगी।